We spend approximately one-third of our lives in our mattress, so it’s a must that we take measures to keep it clean. Regular mattress cleaning does not only prevent allergens or molds from settling in your mattress, but it also ensures that your Orange County mattress would last for years. Here are the steps to clean your mattress properly:
1. Remove your mattress accessories. Remove blankets and pillows to prevent these items from getting in the way when you clean the mattress. Fold the sheets and throw the dirty pillow cases in the laundry basket.
2. Remove the linens and wash them along with the pillow cases. Make sure to use the hottest water and dryer settings to kill dust mites and bacteria that might be lurking in your linens.
3. Vacuum your mattress starting from the top to the sides to remove mites, dust, hair, dead skin and other debris that has accumulated on your mattress. Use the wide brush attachment to vacuum the top of your mattress and the long upholstery nozzle or a crevice tool to dislodge the dirt from hard to reach places.
4. Address the stains accordingly.
-For urine stains, blot as much as possible to remove excess moisture. Place baking soda o the affected area then sprinkle with a mixture of detergent powder with warm water to remove the remaining stains before drying it up with a towel.
-A solution of hydrogen peroxide, liquid dish soap, and baking powder will address most other stains.
– Make the lemon juice and salt into a paste and apply on the blemished area.